Monday, December 27, 2010

Two Pink Lines.

When I was little, I never really thought about my "dream wedding", or what age I wanted to get married by.  By the age of 13, I had however decided that I wanted to have my first kid by the time I was 25.  I felt like it was a good age, so I wouldn't be one of those 70 year old women having a baby with it's arm attached to the side of it's head, or some type of abnormality.  When I was 20, I married the love of my life, Nate.  I can tell you that I never thought I would be married that young (I never really thought about marriage period), but him being in the military, and me madly in love, it felt right.  I still wouldn't trade that day for anything.  It was, and always will be the right decision.  Fast forward 6 years together, 3 years married, and 2 deployments later, we decided it was time to try for an addition to our family (besides our wonderful dog Snickers of course).  We didn't tell anyone we were trying because we didn't want to get anyone hyped about anything in case nothing happened.  So...the night of December 26, 2010 I decided to take a pregnancy test randomly because a.) I am random, and b.) I was a day late for my menstrual cycle.  To my surprise, it was positive!  True, the husband and I had been trying, but when I took a test a week prior, it was negative.  So, I had already got back into the mind set that I wasn't going to be a parent just yet.  When I told Nate, he was excited!  I wanted to immediately call everyone I knew and tell them the good news!  I was a bit hesitant though because I have heard of false positives, and I have bad luck with things like that.  So this morning, I took another test, and low and behold two pink lines AGAIN.  I was more than thrilled.  To make things official, Nate and I went to the doctors today to get a urine and blood test done.  Sure enough, the little plastic sticks were right, and we are now expecting our first child.  And that my friends, is the beginning of our story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment